Saturday, February 19, 2005

What A Day

Day #34
Tripometer: 3733.8 miles

In one of my AAA books I read about a museum called the Sports Immortals Gallery and it sounded like a place I would want to visit so I did. I walked in and there were 2 men (one in his late 30's and one in his 50's) there who run the place. Joel has the largest collection of sports memorabilia in the world. I talked to the younger one (John), paid my $5 and went upstairs to the museum which was fairly small and is still under some construction. They are in the process of constructing what they are going to call The International Sports Complex. It will be a large museum with various exhibits (some interactive) and highlights. After I had spent some time looking around I went back downstairs which had memorabilia for sale. John came over and we talked some more. He asked me about what sports I was interested in and where I lived. After telling him that I was from NJ and was only visiting he said "Oh, that's too bad. Joel and I were talking while you were upstairs and he was intrigued by you and told me to offer you a job helping us get our whole complex underway." With that Joel walks over and asks "So you taking the job or what?" I re-explained that I was from NJ and was taking a few months to see the country. Joel's response, "Well be sure to give John your contact information because we're thinking about expanding to Chicago, Las Vegas and NY." Of course before I left I gave John my email address and he gave me a couple of free t-shirts.

After this amazing morning I went to Butterfly World, which is similar to Parrot Jungle Island, except with butterflies. Basically there are large netted-in areas and there are butterflies everywhere, many of which will land on you if you are still enough. I was amazed at how friendly they were. Unfortunately I did not get a picture of any of the butterflies that landed on me. It's a little difficult to take a picture of yourself and the few times I asked someone to take a picture for me the butterfly would fly away. Oh well.


Butterfly World Posted by Hello








0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home