Thursday, February 17, 2005

Must See Stop #2

Day # 32
Tripometer: 3421.4 miles

The Everglades National Park is an absolutely beautiful place, a place that you should definitely go see if you ever get the opportunity. I spent most of the day walking around, going on a few hikes. In the afternoon I went on a 2-hour boat tour, which was quite informative. I saw some interesting plants and a lot of birds but no alligators or crocodiles. (Did you know that the Everglades is the only place where you can find both alligators and crocodiles?) After the boat tour I drove until I came to a bay where I sat for a while until the sun began to set. And then I made a new friend (see the picture below). When I got to this bay there were two older men there taking pictures. I started to walk closer to the water when one of the men walked towards me and told me that I didn't want to get too close because there was an alligator at the edge. After a little while a park ranger came by looking for a pick-up truck from Wyoming. Apparently some people had been feeding the alligator which is why it was hanging out so close to waters edge. Because she was there I decided that it would be ok to walk a little closer. Luckily after I took the picture the alligator decided to go back in the water and go for a little swim.

Me On My Boat Tour


Sunset in The Everglades Posted by Hello


A New Friend

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home