Wednesday, February 16, 2005

Florida At Last

Day #31
Tripometer: 3329.7 miles
Oil Change #1

So I've finally made it to Florida and the weather is absolutely wonderful. Today I went to the Charles Hosmer Morse Museum in Winter Park Florida. This museum contains Tiffany stain glass pieces. They were gorgeous. The detail that he was able to achieve with glass is simply amazing.

After spending a few hours in the museum I drove until I found a park by the water where I stopped, had lunch, read the local paper and went for a walk. All in all it was a good day...Until it came time to find a place to sleep for the evening. I decided to drive until I got close to Daytona Beach where I hoped I would spend the day tomorrow. Well...Someone forgot to tell me that the Daytona 500 is this weekend so there were no hotels, motels, inns or anything like that for at least 45 minutes. So I drove about an hour south and rearranged what I hoped to do tomorrow. I love flexibility.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home