Tuesday, May 24, 2005

What A Long Strange Trip It’s Been

Day #128
Tripometer: 17094.7
Mile #17000: Tannerville, Pennsylvania

I’m home!! The drive home was so long. My drive today was a relatively short one, only 4 hours but it felt like so much longer. Something I’ve noticed on my trip is that the long drives are harder than the short ones. On the shorter drives I tend to count miles and exits. My mom, dad and I all got home within a few minutes of each other which was really, really nice. I got a quick tour of the house so that I could see al of the work they had done since I left. It looks great. We had lunch and caught up on a little. It’s a little strange being home but mostly it’s really wonderful. I'm so greatful to have had the opportunity to go on such a journey. In a lot of ways I still can't believe I did it. Even more though, I can't believe it's over.