Sunday, May 22, 2005

A Day Of New Experiences

Day #126
Tripometer: 16603.6 miles
Mile #16500: Toledo, Ohio

There’s not really much in Detroit but cars and baseball. Since I don’t know so much about cars I decided to check out the baseball. I went to Comerica Park to watch the Tigers. Unfortunately it started to rain. Now they must grow them kind of fragile in Detroit because it wasn’t what I would raining. It was more dripping. But since it wasn’t my decision the Major League Baseball people decided to wait until the rain stopped. So I sat and waited. Now the wonderful thing about this game was that I was experiencing something new. For the first time in my life I was sitting the very last row of a stadium. I was sitting next to this very large family having themselves a wonderful time. I was incorporated into their family reunion. It was a great way to kill over 3 hours until the game started. Once the game began I thought I would try to make my way closer to the field where I had another new experience. This time I sat in the very first row of the stadium and watched a pretty good game. Ex-Yankee Javier Vasquez pitched a complete game 5-hit shutout. What was George thinking giving up on him so quickly? Anyway, the game lasted just over 2 hours, yup that’s shorter than the rain delay.

Comerica Park

Rain Delay

Front Row Seats

1 Comments:

At 3:56 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wonderful and informative web site. I used information from that site its great. »

 

Post a Comment

<< Home