Tuesday, May 17, 2005

If You Build It I Will Come

Day #121
Tripometer: 15992.8 miles

I figured since I was in Wisconsin I should find something to do. I guess I should have done something cheese-related but I decided against that in order to go to the World Circus Museum. I am so glad I chose the circus over cheese. It's so disappointing that such a fabulous museum is in Wisconsin. It means that I probably won't ever get to it again but that's okay. The museum told the story of the Ringling Brothers and their rise to the top of the circus world. There was also a building that housed a lot of the old circus wagons. They were really beautiful. They also had statues of circus freaks which were quite amusing. The grounds were set up like a little circus...there was a place to get your face painted, pony and elephant rides and a petting zoo. It would be a really great place to bring kids if you ever find yourself in Baraboo, Wisconsin.

After Wisconsin I had to make the trip to Dyersville, Iowa to check out where the movie Field of Dreams was filmed. It was awesome. I love every minute of it. I was a little sad that corn wasn't in season but that's okay. It's a little weird though because the infield and right field are owned by one family and left and center field are owned by someone else. That means that there are 2 welcome and info centers and 2 souvenir stands. A little ridiculous.

Circus Wagons



Circus Freaks



Field Of Dreams



View From Center Field