Friday, May 13, 2005

Badlands National Park

Day #117
Tripometer:14923.5 miles

HAPPY BIRTHDAY SARA K-L!!!

Talk about a windy day. I tried to hike around the Badlands today but for I while it was too difficult to open my car door. After a few tries I finally got the door open and walked around a little. After almost falling over I decided that I had had enough and got back in the car. The Badlands are beautiful...at least what I could see from my car. If you find yourself in the South Dakota area I highly reccomend them.

After the Badlands I headed further east (I'm getting closer to home) to the Corn Palace. Sounds weird doesn't it? Well it was. This building is covered with corn. Each year the town redesigns and then redocorates the outside of the building. The inside of the building has more about the history of the buildings and photos of the past. It is also a big auditorium and is used for concerts, proms, graduations and other such thing. There were a few things about the building that I didn't understand. The main thing was that it takes the town almost 5 months to completely redecorate the building. Why would you take on such a ridiculously large project just to enjoy it for 7 months and then start all over again?!? I guess so that you can be the town to say that you have the one and only corn palace.

Badlands




Corn Palace

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home