Friday, May 06, 2005

Geysers...and lots of them

Day #110
Tripometer: 13364.8 miles

I got to Yellowstone National Park and went to the Visitor’s Center to check out the exhibits they had and to pick up a couple of maps. I checked out the weather for the next couple of days and decided to go check out Old Faithful. Today is supposed to be the sunniest day of the week. So I got back into my car and drove to the geysers. On the way to the geysers I made some new friends (see pictures below). I sat and waited a while (about 40 minutes) for Old Faithful to go off. It was quite an impressive site. If you’re in Yellowstone it’s definitely worth checking out. It is the most predictable geyser in the park but as I found out it is not the most spectacular. After Old Faithful I walked a couple of trails and checked out some other hot spots and geysers. The most spectacular geyser that I saw erupt was Grand Geyser. It is a lot less predictable (I waited about and hour and a half) but when it goes off it’s totally worth the wait.

A Different Kind Of Traffic Jam


Old Faithful



Grand Geyser



Other Geysers


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home