Wednesday, May 04, 2005

Ballpark #5

Day #108

So I got a little taste of real Seattle weather. It rained this morning so I did a more extensive walk inside Park Place Market. I made friends with some of the guys who work at the fish market where they throw the fish around. They clearly have a really good time at work. The entire market is very cool. There are a lot of local artists selling their work.

After the sun came out I walked around Pioneer Square, the oldest part of the city. the architecture was really beautiful. I found this amazing little park hidden in the city. It's a little fenced in area with tall trees along the fence. There might have been half a dozen little tables and a waterfall along the far wall. It was really cool that the city had made the space for such a beautiful place.

I then met up with Ian who had gotten off work a little early so that we could go to the Mariners game. What a very cool ballpark. As soon as you walk in you get this very friendly, very welcoming feeling. You can walk around the entire ballpark and still watch the game. There's also a part of the park where you can stand and watch the players warm up in the bullpen. You can get really close. The whole stadium is very open and fan-friendly.

We went back to Ian's where I had dinner and hung out with Marita while Ian went and played basketball. Ian lost his game but Marita and I had a great time talking.

Fish Throwers



This Is Brian

SafeCo Field

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home