Tuesday, April 26, 2005

Mt. Hood

Day #100!!!

Today Uncle Rog took the day off of work and we went up to Mt. Hood. We took the scenic road up which was really nice. When we got up to the mountain we walked around Timberline Lodge, an absolutely beautiful building. We saw a video about the making of the lodge which was pretty interesting. The building was constructed during the depression and many of the workers were unskilled laborers who learned as they went along. There was some really beautiful wood and iron work. Outside it was a lot nicer than I was expecting, temperaturewise. We waited for a while to see if the clouds would move enough so we could see the tip of the mountain. Patience paid off.

After a while Aunt Tana decided to make snow angels. She's crazy. After snow angels something happened that made me very disappointed in my uncle. My uncle and I had been taking pictures of the beautiful snow angels being made. When my aunt was done she got up (with a snowball in hand) and told my uncle to put the camera down. Now I understand that he probably didn't see the snowball but still. At first he put the camera down on the stone wall seperating us from my aunt. She then told him to but the camera behind the wall. He didn't get it so I took it from him. He was very willing to hand it over. Only as the snow came flying towards him did he get what had just happened. I'm not sure why but I guess I expecting more from him. To his credit he did deflect the snowball.

Me, Aunt Tana and Mt. Hood


Timberline Lodge


Snow Angel


Rejected!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home