Friday, April 22, 2005

Creepy

Day #96
Tripometer: 11864.8 miles

As suggested by my Aunt Tana I went to check out the Oregon Vortex and the House of Mystery. The area's history goes back to the Native Americans who referred to it as The Forbidden Ground. Basically the Oregon Vortex is a whirlpool of force that results in strange visual and perceptual phenomena. It is completely understood why this happens but I swear it does. Things and people seem to change size as they walk in and around the House of Mystery. It was a very cool experience but I was very frustrated that I couldn't figure out why this was happening. Matt, you would love this place.

House Of Mystery

You Would Have To Raise The Far Side Corner Of The House Over 8 Ft In Order To Make It Even With The Near Corner

Crooked House


After visiting the vortex I drove towards Crater Lake and found a place to stay for the night. I ended up in a little town called Prospect. I talked to the man who ran the hotel and was asking him about a place to eat. His response..."Well, we only have 1 place. The cafe. It's good but I should tell you, it's also a trophy room so you might bang your head on a deer." I thanked him for the warning and decided that I didn't have much of a choice. He also suggested that I go to Karaoke Night at the bar next door the cafe. At some point in our conversation I asked him how many people live in Prospect. His response..."Well go see the karaoke and count how many teeth you see. Multiply that by 10 and you'll be close." Interesting little town.

2 Comments:

At 8:22 AM, Blogger Matt Dabney said...

You're right. I'd love to check out that place. But it's a bit of a drive for me to make right now. I'll stick to checking out optical illusions online and on paper.....

 
At 12:01 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I also think it's cool, how'd they do that?
Matt G

 

Post a Comment

<< Home