Wednesday, April 20, 2005

Ballpark #4

Day #94
Tripometer: 11314.4 miles

Today I took my official ride on a cable car (something I figured I had to do when in San Francisco) which was more fun than I thought it would be. The best part was at the end of the line when I got to see how they turned the cable car around. I then walked to Union Square and listened to some musicians and watched some hippies (old and new) dance. I walked around China Town, got some food and then headed to SBC park to watch the Giants play the Diamondbacks. The ballpark is amazingly beautiful. The views from the park were really something. The game itself was ok but the best part was the woman, Jill, who was sitting next to me. We of course started talking and it turns out that she and her husband were in San Francisco on vacation. They also live in NJ (again...small world). She was asking all sorts of questions about my trip and my plans for when I get home. She was wonderful, a lot of fun. She ended up buying me a hot dog for dinner and a bright orange Giants hat as a souvenir. She made me promise to get in touch with her when I got back to NJ and offered to set me up with her stepson who is also a die-hard Yankee fan. I love meeting new people.

Cable Car



SBC Park

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home