Thursday, January 27, 2005

Strange Sightings in North Carolina

Day #11
Tripometer: 1292.1 miles
Mile #1000: Popular Branch, NC
State: North Carolina
Capital: Raleigh

On my way to Youngsville, NC to visit soon-to-be newlyweds Lesley and Deran, I came across quite a few interesting things. I drove down the coast of NC, which was beautiful, and then headed west. As I drove I listened to Jack Kerouac's On The Road which I had purchased in Barnes and Nobles. It was a great drive.

Things I've noticed so far while driving through the south:
- I have passed a lot of small cemeteries. Many of them are old war cemeteries there are also quite a few family cemeteries. Over a 10 mile stretch I counted 14 cemeteries. I thought that was a lot.
- A lot of people drive cars with personalized license plates. Some are rather amusing.
+ W1L YUM
+ SHRTNSWT
-A lot of people turn houses into stores. Many of the houses on the side of the road are actually craft and souvenier shops. I wonder how well they do because if Lesley hadn't pointed this out to me I probably never would have known.


Watch out for that pole Posted by Hello


Someone's Front Yard

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home