Saturday, January 22, 2005

Moving on

Day #6
Tripometer: 292.3 miles
State: Maryland
Capital: Annapolis

HAPPY BIRTHDAY DAD & GRANDMA!

So I finally left Delaware and in the middle of a snow storm made my way to Baltimore where I spent the morning. I walked around the Inner Harbor enjoying the snow before I made my way inside to warm up. The highlight of the morning was the singing fudge guy. I’ve been to Baltimore many times so I knew what to expect at the fudge place. I was a little disappointed when I realized that it was a Saturday and there weren’t as many singing fudge makers as I was used to but the guy was having such a great time that my disappointment did not last long. For those of you that have never been to the Inner Harbor I highly recommend seeing the fudge makers.

After spending a couple of hours in Baltimore I VERY SLOWLY proceeded to Washington D.C. The snow was falling very steadily and the roads had become very icy but I was determined to see at least one thing in D.C. that I had never seen before, so I went to the National Archives building. The temporary exhibit was photographs of past presidents. The permanent exhibit displays various important documents such as the Declaration of Independence. Across from the National archives I found a little sculpture park. In the middle there was a skating rink. It was really cold but there were lights up and everyone was having a great time. No one realized how cold it was.

Back on the road…but not for long. It was still snowing very hard and the roads were awful. After a few too many close calls I decided that I had had enough and got off at the closest exit, found a Days Inn and called it a night.


Baltimore Inner Harbor Posted by Hello

1 Comments:

At 12:44 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Jenna...Great shot...the harbor is truly beautiful as the winter white falls...that pic is a keeper...Shawn

 

Post a Comment

<< Home