Tuesday, January 18, 2005

On the road

Day #1
Tripometer: 153.7 miles
State: Delaware
Capital: Dover

To quote the great Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. "Free at last! Free at last! Thank God Almighty I am free at last!"

As you can probably guess my road trip has officially started and I am very excited, a little nervous but mostly excited. On my very first day of driving I made it all the way to the wonderful (well...there's really nothing so spectacular about it) state of Delaware (after a couple of brief, but important stops in Highland Park, NJ) where I will spend a day or maybe two spending time with friends.

Right now I'm in my friend Jen's office at the University of Delaware where she is studying to become a dirt doctor (I don't know...ask her). Earlier today we remembered that a blast from our past also attends the University so we emailed him (Matt Bender) and now we are all having dinner together. I'm going to have to get used to all the spontaneity ( I have no idea how to spell that) and flexibility that comes with this trip.

2 Comments:

At 9:35 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

glad to see the Benders are being contacted, hope to see you en route. Have fun and keep on keeping on,

love, Madeleine

 
At 9:26 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

If on your way back you're thinking of driving through the midwest, i'll be in Michigan until the end of April. not sure how long the whole trip will take, but i hope it's going well.
-Danielle

 

Post a Comment

<< Home