Tuesday, January 25, 2005

"Can I help you, baby?"

Day #9
Tripometer: 817.1 miles

HAPPY BIRTHDAY SHAWN!

How many times can a person be called “baby” in one sitting? To answer this question just go to the Pink Cadillac Diner in Glasgow, VA where I had dinner last night and have Freda be your waitress. This place was fantastic. The sign on the door says it all (see photo below). There was Elvis everywhere. Of course I had to order the one thing one menu that stood out, the Elvis Burger.

The highlight of the day had to be the National Park I stumbled across this afternoon. I past a few signs for the Booker T. Washington National Park and decided that I needed some exercise. The park was located on the plantation where Booker T. Washington was born and spent most of his life as a slave before he was freed at the end of the Civil War. There was a 3 mile trail though the woods. Along the way there were various plaques with information about Washington and various quotes regarding his views on education and nature. It was a really great trail. I’m glad I decided to stop.


Pink Cadillac Diner Posted by Hello

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home