Friday, February 25, 2005

Spring Training

Day #40
Tripometer: 4955.9

Today was almost an incredible day. I went to Legend's Field (The Yankees' sping training site) to watch them practice. I couldn't believe how close I got to all of the players. I mean I couldn't reach out and touch them but I definitely got a lot of great pictures. There were a lot of young kids there with their parents and a lot of big time Yankee fans. It was a great scene. Everyone there was trying to get their favorite player's autograph. While many of the players did not sign they all interacted with the crowd in some one.

A Scenario to Ponder...Before practice officially started Derek Jeter came out of the dugout and sort of worked his way down the fence signing autographs. I was in perfect position to obtain one of these autographs. I was down the fence a ways but could tell that he would get to about where I was standing before he had to go stretch. Now as I'm sure most of you know I am a huge Yankees fan and a very big Derek Jeter fan so getting this autograph would have been awesome. Derek is about 10 feet away when this little girl about 12 years old kind of pushes her way in front of me. I look at her and say very nicely "There's no reason to push. He's going to try to sign as many autographs as he can." Wouldn't you know it...she got her baseball signed then it was time for practice. Unfortunately my baseball remained unsigned. I thought briefly about taking her baseball because if it wasn't for her I would have gotten mine signed but then I thought about how ridiculous I would look taking a baseball from a little girl and let her go. What do you think...did I do the right thing?

Derek Jeter Posted by Hello



Bubba...What A Great Name


Giambi Making Up To The Fans


Tino

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home