Tuesday, March 29, 2005

Must See #6

Day #72
Tripometer: 9211.8 miles
Mile #9000: Grand Canyon National Park

Today I made mom come with me to the Grand Canyon. She and my dad had seen on about 30 years ago and she wasn't too impressed. I think she was impressed this time. We went to the southern rim (the northern rim was closed because of snow) and had a wonderful time. We hiked along the rim and saw some amazing views. I think next time I'm going to look into taking a donkey ride down the canyon. Tip: If you want to do this you have to make reservations months in advance. The day started off pretty cold but warmed up very quickly. We spent the day hiking and taking pictures. On our drive out we made a couple more stops including our last one to see the sunset. It was so cold and windy that I put my winter coat on. We drove for a bunch of hours until we got close to Vegas where mom will fly out of tomorrow (sad face). I think my mom had a good time (she called my dad and told him that they need to plan a vacation to the southwest). I know I had a good time.

Grand Canyon Pictures



Me and Mom

Colorado River

Sunset

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home